One good thing about this holiday is that I have had all day with Jessica. Even though now I crave adult chat ever so slightly I have loved every second, even the ones with her screaming. She is so amazing right now. Her vocabulary is growing every hour. She remembers things so well. Time isn’t measured by the big steps and milestones in her ife but by the little things that she can do, like:
- Use the handrail to go down the back stairs
- climb her chair, turn round and strap herself in
- say please and ta
- walk down the stairs at nursery all by herself
- choose her own outfit in the morning
- put on and pull up her own trousers
- sit on the toilet
- eat a full yogurt without spilling anything
- eat a smartie and a malteser
- know everyone’s names, including her own.
- know party games like ring a ring of roses
- play on her own pretending to feed her teddies
- take her teddies for walks in the pram and cover them in a blanket and go night night
I’m sure there are loads of other things that I’m missing. her tantrums still are not of major proportions. they are still there though.
Here she is with her cousins playing a game.